Carabiner - 7/8 (22mm) gate opening, Autolocking, Aluminum, Do Not Use for Fall Arrest Systems of (LANYARD CONNECTING SUBSYSTEM) & (SELF-RETRACTING LANYARD CONNECTING SUBSYSTEM). Do Use For; Fall Arrestor System of (Rope Grab), Climbing Protection, Restraint, Personnel-riding, Rescue, Evacuation. By MSA 506259
SYSTEMS REQUIREMENTS; The Carabiner is one component of multi-component systems. Without the other necessary components, the Carabiner serves no useful purpose. There are several different types of systems for use at heights and in confined spaces. The Carabiner is designed for use by one person with a combined total weight no greater than 310 lbs (140 kg), including clothing, tools, and other user-borne objects. All carabiners have a minimum breaking strength of 5,000 lbs.
Systems are classified according to their intended purposes. There are six classifications of systems which may be used individually or in combinations. The six basic systems classifications are: Fall Arrest, Personnel-riding, Evacuation, Climbing protection, Restraint, Rescue. Fall Arrest Systems; A fall arrest system is an assembly of components and subsystems, including the necessary connectors, used to arrest the user in a fall from a working height and suspend the user until rescue can be effected. A fall arrest system must always include a harness and connecting means between the harness and an anchorage or anchorage connector. Such connecting means may consist of a lanyard, energy (shock) absorber, fall arrester (rope grab), lifeline, self-retracting lanyard or suitable combinations of these.
• Part No. 506259 - 7/8 (22mm) gate opening - Autolocking - Aluminum.
• Part No. 506572 - 7/8 (22mm) gate opening - Autolocking Steel.
• Part No. 506308 - 2 (50mm) gate opening - Autolocking Steel.
Important Information Please Read to Ensure Correct Use!;
Only MSA Carabiners models 506308 and 506572 may be incorporated in lanyard connecting subsystems intended for use in fall arrest systems; (LANYARD CONNECTING SUBSYSTEM) & (SELF-RETRACTING LANYARD CONNECTING SUBSYSTEM).
MSA Carabiners 506259, 506572 and 506308, identified in Table 1 are suitable for use in fall arrester connecting subsystems of:(Rope Grab).
The MSA Carabiners, models 506572 and 506308, are suitable for use in self-retracting lanyard connecting subsystems.
The MSA Carabiners, models 506259 and 506572, are suitable for use in conjunction with and connected to the fall arrester of a permanent climbing protection system.
The MSA Carabiners 506259, 506572 and 506308, identified in Table 1 are suitable for use in evacuation systems.
The MSA Carabiners 506259, 506572 and 506308, identified in Table 1 are suitable for use in rescue applications.
The MSA Carabiners 506259, 506572 and 506308, identified in Table 1 are suitable for use in personnel-riding systems.
The MSA Carabiners 506259, 506572 and 506308, described by these instructions are suitable for use in restraint systems.
MSA Carabiners 506259, 506572 and 506308, identified in Table 1 are suitable for use in fall arrester connecting subsystems.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR MSA CARABINERS;
• MSA Carabiners identified in Table 1 meet ANSI Z359.1 and ANSI A10.14 standards and applicable OSHA regulations.
• Free fall distance (limit) must not exceed 6 ft (1.8 m) in accordance with OSHA and ANSI Z359.1; and, 5 ft (1.5 m) in accordance with ANSI A10.14 and the Canadian Occupational Health & Safety Act of 1990. The user must comply with applicable standards. When used as part of a personal fall arrest system, fall arresting forces must not exceed 1,800 lbf (8 kN).
• Capacity is 310 lb (140 kg) including weight of the user plus clothing, tools and other user-borne objects.
Country of Origin: USA
Unit of Measure: EA